Friday, January 27, 2012

It's sketchbook wednesday....on friday. Thanks for grace!

 pencil drawing. my boy running down the dunes on a windy day. over and over and over. such fun! (wow. drawing sand dunes is super hard).
 charcoal drawing. kite flying with the littlest one. I quite like charcoal for large scale drawing but found using it in on this teeny tiny page very challenging and wasn't too happy with the result... but I got sick of it and gave up! ha!
this is a pencil drawing adapted from one of my favourite photos of my son. I usually hate working from photos (because the process is so lifeless and restrictive and the result is often flat) but thought I'd give it a go....for something different. I actually don't mind the adaptation and it sure is a quick way to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment