Wednesday, March 14, 2012

sketchbook wednesday

I recently returned from a trip to Malawi and Kenya. Whilst I had hoped to sketch everyday, I really only managed a spot of sketching here and there...


 ...in some ways I wish I had done more, but at the same time I realise that it was more important for me to be in the moment rather than stuck in my sketchbook.

 Besides, after just a short time of sketching I filled so many pages in my sketchbook that  if I sketched everyday I think I would have easily filled four or five sketchbooks! 

 So I took lots of photos, and lots of journaling-so much writing!!!- making sure I put in loads of details about the scenery, the smell, the weather, the colours, the feel of the place and the people.

 Just wanted to share some pages from my journal-  they are all  very quick location sketches, graphite....very rough, but enough to get down an idea....



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sketches, its really inspiring to see how such beautiful work begins.. it makes the process of trying much more achievable and less daunting.

    ReplyDelete